There are around 6500 different languages in the world and some of it has been distinguished and has forgotten. Language is a pride, dignity and symbol of our nation and us. Grip it tightly and use it daily! Some interesting language facts to be shared with you.
- Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch procejt at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosnt mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter.
- “Goodbye” came from “God bye” which came from “God be with you.”
- ‘Go’, is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- The word ‘Tips’ is actually an acronym standing for ‘To Insure Prompt Service‘ and the word ‘News’ is actually an acronym standing for the 4 cardinal compass points – North, East, West, and South!
- Men please notice on this as the phrase ‘rule of thumb’ is derived from and old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
- The root word ‘gymnasium’ comes from the Greek word gymnazein which has a meaning as ‘to exercise naked!’ LOL.
- The longest word in the English language is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis’ and the meaning is an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust!
- The Chinese ideogram for ‘trouble’ depicts two women living under one roof – I like this statement.
- Do you know the Chinese language does not require punctuation?
- ‘Vodka’ is not alcoholic drink in Russian instead ‘little water’.
- Of all the words in the English language, the word ‘ set ‘ has the most definitions.
- The 13 spoken languages in the world by more than 100 million people are Mandarin Chinese, English, Hindi, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Bengali, Portuguese, Malay-Indonesian, French, Japanese, German and Urdu. Widely spoken language in the world is Chinese Mandarin.
- According to the law in Illinois, it is forbidden to speak English. The official language there is “American”.
- The most popular first name in the world is Muhammad.
- Latin is a dead language.
There are still people wondering do they need a website for their business or not? Or their answer would be “I’m a small organization and I wouldn’t need it”. There can be 10 reasons for not having a website but there are 100 reasons for you to have a website. Owning a website doesn’t depend on the size of the business but the usage of the website and the benefits to you.
Firstly, you can promote the products and services of your company to others. The explanations and the reimbursement can be included within the website. The clients, by themselves can justify and choose the product. Some customer testimonials are better idea to lead them (your potential customers).
Website saves your money. How this is possible? The information in the website can greatly reduce printing and mailing costs. Information that you now distribute via handouts, brochures and newsletters is readily available online, avoiding print and distribution costs. Besides that, you can frequently update the latest promotion, sales or discounts to attract your customers. They or you wouldn’t have to regret when the promotion passes and both of you couldn’t enjoy the benefits. You can update the latest news about your organization and share it with the customers.
Website helps to improve branding of your company and products. Your organization and company must appear differently to your customers from your competitor and show the loyalty to them. The information, content, appearance in the website may makes you different from your customers’ point of view. Most importantly if the appearance doesn’t match the services, you may be at risk. First impression is very important. The first thought of the clients on your website may create trust and loyalty in them towards you. If you failed to do this you may lose your prospects sales but also their loyalty away from you with their website. Don’t let others to grab your customers.
As the proverb ‘aim for the star and you will reach the sky’. You may reach the international market with the help of your website even if you have started in your country. Static shows as two-third Americans are using the internet email, education, research and more importantly for entertainment. In this era 2000, people prefer to use internet for buying things rather than window shopping (such as eBay or e-commerce sites). Other than that, your website can be informational for your customers and educate them.
Choose a professional web designer and a supportive web hosting provider to build your web site. We Serverfreak do provide exclusive packages at affordable price for web design and web hosting. Do check us out always =)