In this modern world of technology, the Internet has revolutionized how business transactions are done these days. With increasing demand for online purchasing, more and more businesses are moving from brick and mortar stores to online stores. In the US, more than 60% of people are purchasing goods online from the comfort of their home and this figure is increasing constantly. This number will only go up annually, but what does this mean to your business?
According to data from Eisenberg Holdings, for every $92 the average company spends to get customers to their site, they spend just $1 to convert them. From this data, it can be seen that too much attention is focused on channeling traffic to their website but what really matters – which is getting people to convert – is ignored.
If you own a website, boosting sales is no rocket science. In fact, there are some simple ways that can double your revenue in just minutes. Listed below are 5 little tweaks you can apply today that are proven to give your sales a great boost.
- Offer Your Website a Speed Boost: The speed of your website can make or break your business. Research studies have proven that a one second delay in site speed results in a 7% loss in conversion. For example, a one second delay in website speed loading could cost Amazon losing approximately $1.6 billion in annual sales.
Another study conducted by Radware shows that they were able to double conversions for one of their clients by decreasing the page load time by 2 seconds. This makes sense considering that 51% of people abandoned the shopping cart and many won’t bother to return due to the increasing loading time. Hence, a short & fast loading time is vital when it comes to sales conversions.
There are several ways to boost your website loading speed, but having an excellent web host is the most important; for that, with a rating of 10/10 when they underwent our rigorous checks, ServerFreak’s server loading speed performance is definitely unrivaled!
- Increasing Your Website Trust Factor with Trust Seals: Many people are not buying from you because they don’t trust you, and a simple tweak can change that. A research conducted by Econsultancy/Toluna shows that approximately 48% of visitors look for trust seals on a website first to determine if it can be trusted before they proceed to make online payment.
To make matters worse, the increasing threat of online scammers, viruses and hackers can also prevent many people from pulling out their credit cards. Fix this by using trust seals on your website, and watch your sales soar. The EV SSL trust seal from ServerFreak is the most-regarded, followed by the PremiumSSL and Positive SSL trust seals.
- Incorporate Social Proof Elements: First impression counts! If people perceive that others are not interested in your brand, they will be least interested as well.
Studies shows that nearly 9 in 10 consumers read reviews to determine the quality of a business while 88% of consumers trust reviews as much as personal recommendations.
Therefore if you want increased sales for your businesses, you need positive reviews, testimonials, case studies and other elements of social proof which will greatly boost your brand’s perception in the mind of people. First impression counts!
- Incorporate Elements of Scarcity: Adding elements of scarcity is one of the most powerful techniques for boosting sales on a website. A study conducted by WhichTestWon revealed that a countdown timer on a product page led to a 9% increase in conversion, and the increased sales volume is directly influenced by the right introduction of scarcity to sales campaigns.
Besides countdown timer, you may also consider offering limited offers or special bonuses for visitors who act fast which can help to give your business the much needed sales boost.
- Clear and Focused Web Content: Data from Nielsen Norman Group shows that the average web user leaves a web page within 10 – 20 seconds, but pages with a clear value proposition can get people to stay longer. In addition, having a clear “Call-to-Action” button on your website will also help to direct the visitors to take desired action on your offer.
In essence, if people can’t stay on your website long enough, they won’t buy. Work on having a clear and focused website along with clear “call-to-action”, and ensure that your offer is properly presented. By following these 5 simple steps, hopefully this will yield the much needed sales boost for your website.